Securing Your Family’s Future Through Estate Planning
At The Dayton Law Firm, P.C., we understand that planning for the future can be challenging. Envisioning how to protect your loved ones and ensure your final wishes are carried out can be daunting. You may have many options available to you, and that can amplify the uncertainty you may be feeling.
Our attorneys are highly experienced in providing counsel on estate planning matters. Our founder, Richard Dayton, holds a credential as a certified estate planning specialist from The State Bar of California, and our other attorneys have taught estate planning courses and worked for local courts in divisions dealing with estate matters.
Estate Planning 101: Covering All The Basics
Regardless of where you are with the estate planning process, we can offer counsel for moving forward effectively and resolving challenges quickly. We can assist you with the following steps in creating a strong estate plan, among others:
- Drafting a last will and testament to express your final wishes
- Addressing how your retirement plan, IRA or 401(k) account will be distributed after your death
- Establishing a trust to ensure your assets pass to loved ones without a costly and time-consuming court-supervised probate
- Creating an asset protection plan to provide your gifts with additional protections from your loved one’s creditors or spouses
- Setting up a power of attorney, health care directives, conservatorships and other incapacity planning documents to speak for you when you cannot speak for yourself
Using Our Size And Agility To Benefit You
Because we are a small firm, we can act independently and with innovative solutions, and we pass the savings along to you. We have developed our own templates built into custom software after years of seeing how these documents are used during California estate administrations. We strive to make the creation of your legal documents efficient and prompt. Our lawyers are accessible when you need answers to your ongoing questions or help to address new developments related to your estate. We focus on offering solutions that provide the most benefit to your family and on keeping our hourly and flat-package fees accessible to as many clients as possible.