Rory S. Morse
- Attorney at Law
Rory Morse's practice of law is focused on counseling and advising clients acting as executor or successor trustee of an estate. He has resolved a wide range of issues with administration, including clouded title on real property, IRS audits and liquidation of family-held businesses.
Rory began his higher education at San Francisco State University, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy in 2009. He next attended the Santa Clara University, School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor in 2014. Rory also served as a technical editor for the Santa Clara Computer and High Tech Law Journal, Volume 30.
Rory's interest in the legal profession started when he worked as an office assistant for a court reporting agency, where he learned the ins and outs of legal discovery, evidence gathering and the attention to detail required in the field of Law.
During law school, Rory worked as a judicial intern – first for Judge Kenneth Barnum, observing civil litigation, and second working with the Santa Clara County Probate Examiners for Judge Thomas William Cain. Rory assisted the Probate Examiner's Office by examining probate petitions for accuracy and adherence to procedural requirements.
Outside the practice of law, Rory continues to pursue his interest in philosophy and enjoys games in both the electronic and table top formats. Among his favorite games are the Fallout and Dark Souls series and Magic: The Gathering.
Areas Of Practice
- Probate and Estate Administration/Trusts 65%
- Probate and Estate Administration/Wills 20%
- Estate Planning 15%
- California, 2014
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- Juris Doctor - 2014
- Honors: Judge Kenneth Barnum observing civil litigation, Judicial Intern
- Honors: Santa Clara County Probate Examiners for Judge Thomas William Cain, Judicial Intern
- San Francisco State University
- Bachelor of Arts - 2009
- Major: Philosophy
- Brown Bag Seminar, FPA Silicon Valley, 2017 to 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Silicon Valley Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Civil Dept., Judicial Intern, 2012 to 2012
- Santa Clara County Superior Court, Probate Dept., Judicial Intern, 2013 to 2013